On our amazing sloth feeding experiences you can hang out with a sloth as you feed them by hand.
*Must be pre-booked well in advance as there are a limited number of spaces available daily - see the Animal Experiences page on our website for the latest information*
What’s included in the sloth feeding experience?
- Meet our most chill residents
- Opportunity to hand feed
- Sloth keeper Q&A
- Souvenir cuddly toy
What happens on a sloth feeding experience?
You’ll be welcomed by one of our sloth keepers and after a short briefing you’ll enter the sloth enclosure. You’ll hand feed our sloths a selection of their favourite veggies.
They’ll take food from your fingers.Be patient, they take a while!
This is also your chance to ask our expert sloth keepers all about our Tuppee and Lightcap. Is it true they only poo once a week?
Your sloth feeding experience will last at least 20 minutes although it may be longer as sloths don't do anything quickly. It includes a souvenir cuddly toy sloth to take home so you can remember your special day.
Zoo animal experiences terms and conditions
- For safety reasons, minimum ages apply to our animal experiences. Penguin and giraffe experiences are for children over the age of eight. Rhino and sloth experiences are for children over the age of ten and lion experiences are only available for those over the age of 16. Children under the age of 14 must bring an adult but that adult doesn't need to buy an experience.
- There will be other people taking part in the experience, except for the sloth expeirence, and please note the penguin experience takes place during the public feeding talk.
- The online animal experience ticket doesn't include entrance to Folly Farm so this must also be booked online or paid for at the entrance gate.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the animal experience from the public areas but can't enter the enclosures unless they are accompanying someone under the age of 14. Spectators will have to pay the park admission price. Penguin, giraffe and sloth experiences can be viewed by the public. Lion and rhino experiences take place away from public viewing.
- Sensible footwear should be worn as our enclosures may be slippery. Old clothes you don't mind getting giraffe slobber, meat or fish on would be advisable.
- The experiences are fully accessible to disabled users, except the sloth experience, but please feel free to ring to discuss any requirements.
- We reserve the right to cancel or move an animal experience for operational reasons, you will offered an alternative date or time.
- We ask for 24 hours notice if you can no longer take part in an experience you have pre-booked, so we can make your space available to another visitor.
Please click on the 'terms and conditions' link in the footer for the full Ts & Cs.