Whether it's for yourself, or a gift, choose which animal experience you'd like to buy and pop it into your basket, then complete the checkout process. You'll receive an email with your order details and a second email with a gift voucher which you can print and personalise, this voucher is not a booking. Please remember our animal experiences have limited spaces and must be pre-booked by filling in this booking enquiry form which can also be found at the top of the relevant animal experience page on our website.
Zoo animal experience terms and conditions
- Animal experiences must be pre-booked and redeemed within 12 months from the date of purchase. Your online animal experience voucher is not a booking. There are a limited number of spaces available daily (there is one session per day for feeding experiences for a maximum of two people except for giraffe feeding where there are two sessions for a maximum of two people per day) so please book as soon as you can. You can pre-book by filling in a booking enquiry form. A booking confirmation email will be sent to you so please bring this with you on the day along with your online animal experience voucher.
- For safety reasons, minimum ages apply to our animal experiences. Penguin and giraffe experiences are for children over the age of eight. Rhino and sloth experiences are for children over the age of ten. Lion experiences are only available for those over the age of 16. Children under the age of 14 must bring an adult but that adult doesn't need to buy an experience.
- There will be other people taking part in the experience and please note the penguin experience takes place during the public feeding talk.
- Online animal experience vouchers may not include admission to the park, please check with the person who purchased it for you or by calling us on 01834 812731 with your voucher code ready if you are unsure. If your voucher doesn’t include admission to the park, admission tickets can be purchased online from our website or on arrival at the park.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the animal experience from the public areas but can't enter the enclosures unless they are accompanying someone under the age of 14. Spectators will have to pay the park admission price. Penguin, giraffe and sloth experiences take place in view of the public, lion and rhino experiences are not usually in public view.
- Sensible footwear should be worn as our enclosures may be slippery. Old clothes you don't mind getting giraffe slobber, meat or fish on would be advisable.
- I'm afraid we cannot guarantee the animals will want to feed, Hugo isn't fussed by stick feeds, rhinos can be particularly stubborn and sloths are generally lazy. Please also note whilst our penguins are breeding or molting their appetites are limited.
- The experiences are fully accessible to disabled users, with the exception of sloth experiences due to the animals being at height, but please feel free to ring to discuss any requirements.
- We reserve the right to cancel or move an animal experience for operational reasons, you will offered an alternative date or time.
- We ask for 24 hours notice if you can no longer take part in an experience you have pre-booked, so we can make your space available to another visitor. You will need to ring the booking office again to re-book before your gift voucher expires.
- Some of our enclosures feature webcams which are streamed live on our website, at the time of booking you will be asked if you consent to the fact you may appear on these webcam streams whilst taking part in your experience.
Please click on the 'terms and conditions' link in the footer for the full Ts & Cs.